Hurricane Season — How to Prepare
The Time to Act is NOW!
In our day and age — we have now experienced a living pandemic. We have experienced our local stores running out of essential items. For example, items like toilet paper, hand sanitizer, batteries, and bleach. Our local banks holding our very own hard-earned money because of the economy.
If you haven’t experience any of the above. Consider yourself a very lucky one. 2020 has become the year we will never forget and/or want to relive. As some of our states are either in the process of opening or reopening.
We have to begin to think ahead of hurricane season. For few areas of the world, it will start in May. In other parts, it will start in June. Wherever you are position at. Now is the time to stock up for Hurricane Season and Beyond.
Keep in mind some of the things you’ll need:
- FIRST-AID KITS
- Prescription Drugs
- Vehicles Gas Up and Gas Canisters Full of Gas
- Sand Bags
- Board up Your Windows
- Review Your Home Insurance and Business Policies for Coverage
- Withdraw Money from your account (Have cash on you) just in case systems go down
- Gather Important Documents (social security cards, medical cards, ID’s, Birth Certificates, Immunization Records, etc)
- Store Drinks in your washer machine packed down in ICE
- Have batteries and/or extra and lighters handy (AA, AAA)
- Have flashlights, candles, and lanterns handy
- Plan Evacuation Route In Advance
- Have Plenty Water, Bread, Can Foods and ICE HANDY
- Blankets and Pillows
- Wear Comfortable Clothing
- Have Your Electronics Charged Up
- Know where your loved ones are stationed or going