Important Method to Washing Your Hands — heymamaarane
Change your unconscious ways
Do you realize how many germs live on your hands and the many surfaces we come in contact with? It is especially important how washing your hands can save a life.
In 2019, I was traveling to attend a funeral. During this travel I stopped at several rest stops along the way. One in particular, as I was in the bathroom, I notice every woman coming in and out. None of them wash there hands. Shocked to say the least. Just think about it, every hand shake, every phone you touch, computer you use, child you hold, nose you wipe, food you cook, every door you open and so on and so fourth. The germs you spread is countless.
Have you ever wondered why you are sick? Why your sniffling? Why your coughing?
The slightest germ can break your immune system down. An you wouldn’t believe it. We work in some environments where Building Service may wipe down your computers, desk, walls, doors and bathroom maybe once a day or every other day or twice a week. Who knows! Can you imagine what’s living on the surfaces? Living, Breathing and Co-Habituating just like we are. Let me introduce you to some of the germs that can live on your hands and surfaces.
- Salmonella and E. coli 0157 (from feces from humans or animals)
- Norovirus (from stool or vomit of infected people)
- Adenovirus (by coughing, close personal contact, sneezing, touching objects or surfaces with adenoviruses on it then touching your mouth or nose)
- Hand Foot Mouth Disease (by skin to skin contact, by sneezing or coughing, kissing or shared drinks)
Steps to Properly Wash Your Hands
- Wet your Hands with Warm Water
- Apply a Quarter size amount of liquid soap
- Rub your palms together and create a good lather
- Rub the back of your hands thoroughly (15 seconds)
- Rub in between your fingers thoroughly (15 seconds)
- Rub your thumbs thoroughly (15 seconds)
- Rinse your hands thoroughly
- Repeat if necessary
Levels of Hand Hygiene
- Routine Hand Washing
- Hygienic Hand Washing
Routine Hand Washing is used with soap and water to remove the visible dirt and some germs. Hygienic Hand Washing is used with and antiseptic hand wash to kill micro-organisms. Here’s an example of a really good antiseptic soap such as Hibiclens, Softsoap Antibacterial or Dial Antibacterial Soap.
It is important to wash your hands thoroughly. It is extremely important to wash your hands with an antiseptic soap to kill and remove all dirt, germs and micro-organisms. This is apart of “Proper Hand Hygiene”.
Hand Sanitizer Use
Now that we know germs are everywhere. We should always carry hand sanitizer with us. To keep the germs at a minimum. While all hand sanitizer on the market is not as effective as it should. You have to be able to decipher between to each one.
Using an alcohol base hand sanitizer is very important. When reading the label of a hand sanitizer bottle. It should not contain any amount of Ethanol in it. The best and most effective hand sanitizer to carry with you should be no less than 70% Alcohol. At the very least no less than 60% Alcohol can remove some dirt and germs.
Make Hand Sanitizer Yourself
This method is using actual products to make hand sanitizer in it’s purest form.
Originally published at https://heymamaarane.com on May 9, 2021.